Search This Blog

Friday, September 25, 2015

Jesus Was My Age

Earlier this month, I turned 29.  It's not a milestone birthday by any means, but it's another year gone by on the calendar.  I was reading this post about the book of Luke, and one line really caught my eye:

"At 30 years old, at just the right time, it was time for them to begin their ministries."

And for some reason, this is the first time that I realized that Jesus and John the Baptist were about how old I am currently when they did all those things we read about in the Bible.

I guess I've always thought of Jesus as some grown up doing miracles, teaching other adults, being very much older than me.  But now, I'm that age.  If I lived in Bible times, Jesus would be one of my cohorts, my contemporaries.

I don't know why this is so weird to me.  It's one of those taken-for-granted facts of the Bible that I never really applied to myself before, never fully thought about before, and now it's a little strange to me to think of Him that way.

What extraordinary ordinary Biblical truths have you found lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment