Search This Blog

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Big Picture, Little Picture

When I look at my kids, it's easy to see how much they've learned.  What they've picked up on, what I've purposely taught them, and the things they don't quite grasp yet.  Big picture, we're doing pretty well.

But.  The day to day is hard.  The days where I feel like all I've done is cook food that no one liked, and wiped butts, and swept sand off the floor for the fifteenth time.  Little picture, I sometimes (often) get frustrated.

One of the qualities I've been working on in my life is trying not to complain so much.  I used to complain all the time.  Some days I still do.

When I can take a step back, realize all the blessings I have, take a moment to pray and give thanks, the big picture comes into focus.  When I'm right in the middle of what can sometimes feel like thankless work, the little picture barges back in.

Big picture, little picture.  Which one is the focus today?

No comments:

Post a Comment