Search This Blog

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Weekly Goals January 25-31

The two middle kids have been best buddies lately.  Matthew was "reading" Chicka Chicka Boom Boom to Hannah one morning before breakfast.

Last Week's Goals:
  • Finish my shadow box project. Sigh. Not yet. But I think this is going to be my Iron Craft project so then I have to do it.
  • Read at least 4 chapters of Brick by Brick. Nope. I'm planning to read a bunch tonight while my boys watch the Royal Rumble (wrestling - not my fave).
  • Do yoga 4 times. Done! I had to force myself to do it, but I never regret it afterwards.
  • Figure out two new snack ideas.  The first one I tried was a gluten-free version of Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Muffins (using all oat flour), which worked awesome, and they were gone within 2 days!

    We also tried Quinoa Oatmeal Protein Bars, which were kind of bland and not sweet on their own.  I melted some peanut butter and chocolate chips on top and then they were delicious! But I'm pretty sure that kind of defeats the purpose...

    I also gave the kids carrot sticks and ranch, something we hadn't tried for awhile, and the boys thought it was awesome! Hannah not so much. I've been writing snacks on our white board each night for the next day, trying to do one fruit/veggie snack and one grain based snack, and that's working really well.  It helps me not scramble to find something at the last minute but still not have to add another step to my menu planning.
This Week's Goals:
  • Put Elizabeth on the birthday board.
  • Do Iron Craft Challenge #2 project.
  • Finish reading Brick by Brick. That way I can post my review in my monthly wrap-up and request a new book from Blogging for Books.
  • Figure out yummy homemade Superbowl snack-y dinner. Go Seahawks!

No comments:

Post a Comment