Search This Blog

Thursday, October 2, 2014

September Goals Update And October Goals

September Goals Update:
Parenting:
  • Figure out a good order for homeschooling subjects.  I think I have a pretty good handle on the order for now.  I'm still debating spreading some subjects out to an afternoon session, so it may change again.
  • Continue to teach Hannah to use a spoon.  She's still good with me feeding her, and she will occasionally pick the spoon up, but she has no clue how to use it.  We are really baby stepping with this.
  • Make sure to spend some one on one time with Matthew.  We've gotten in some extra snuggles, but I still need to make more of an effort on this.
Personal:
  • Read three books for fun.  I read two, and I would have finished a third, but I had to return it to the library. 
  • Clear whatever doesn't sell on the garage sale sites out of our bedroom by the end of the month.  It's still there.
Food:
  • Stay on budget!  Done!
  • Decide what foods to compromise on and how to do it.  I'm trying to keep track of which meals from our standards take less time and effort to prep, and also just not making things like crackers, because they drive me batty.  Tortillas have actually gotten pretty easy to do now that I've made them a few times, so that's cool.
  • Find a good homemade specialty coffee recipe.  I ended up getting good deals on bottled coffee, plus I got some other coffees for my birthday, so I haven't had the opportunity to test too many yet.  

October Goals:

Parenting:
  • Have patience with all of my children.  This is an ongoing struggle for me, and it's something I've been trying to work on.
  • Figure out where to put clothes for Elizabeth and get the first sizes out and ready to go. Baby month is next month! (assuming she comes more or less on time, of course)
Personal:
  • Read three books for fun.
  • Keep myself on my self-imposed partial bed rest plan and hope my pain gets better.  I've had really terrible sciatic nerve pain throughout this pregnancy, but it has flared up in the past couple of weeks to the point that I need to constantly take breaks to lie down or I can't move.  It makes life interesting, to say the least.
  • Finish color-coding some of my organ music.  I have been making little highlighter marks in the upper corner of the page for each song so I know if it's good for preservice, postludes, communion, or weddings, so I can quickly find what I'm looking for. 
Food:
  • Make a plan for freezer meals for after Elizabeth is born (part will come out of this month's budget and part from next month's budget).
  • Stay under budget! This just needs to be a goal every month.

No comments:

Post a Comment