Search This Blog

Sunday, August 3, 2014

What I'm Reading...

Matthew enjoying hot chocolate for a snack earlier this week, per his request.

Can you tell homeschooling has been on my mind lately?  Slowly but surely, I am getting closer to being ready to start.

The Two-Years-Of-Kindergarten Approach For Fall Babies.  This is kind of what we're doing with Jonah, except we are mixing pre-K and Kindergarten materials into our mix this year, and we'll see where we end up at the end of the year. (Life Your Way)

Living On ONE Small Income As Homeschooling Families (Free Homeschool Deals) and When You Have No Money For Homeschool Curriculum (Simple Homeschool) were both good reminders that homeschooling doesn't have to be expensive, especially in these first years where it's more about the process of learning than a specific curriculum.

More And Better Words For Difficult Kids.  I read once that for each negative word or event a child experiences, it takes four positive ones to make up for it.  Positive words, and lots of them, will help kids. (The Art Of Simple)

4 Tips To Stop Eating Out Even If You Hate To Cook.  I don't hate cooking by any means, but we do eat out more often than I'd like (and yes, more often than our menu plans show, especially when we end up in town around lunch time).  When I spend more at the grocery store on foods we'll like and extras for snacks, we stay home more.  For some reason I have a much harder time parting with the money at that point though, which is dumb, because it's a lot less money overall. (Money Saving Mom)

My Plan To Stay Offline And On At Home.  "Then it happens – the whine! an item gets broke! the child gets hurt! I grit my teeth in frustration as my kids have distracted me from… my distraction… wait?" I get this way a lot, and I don't really have a good solution. (Holy Hen House)

How Much Food Is Enough? Reading this, I know I am guilty of overlooking the mass of food that we have in our house in favor of a trip to the grocery store to fill out the menu plan. But we have plenty. (The Nourishing Home via Don't Waste The Crumbs)

No comments:

Post a Comment