Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Books I've Read: June 2014

I read something this month (as in June)! Even though the year is half over, I decided to set a reading goal for myself on Goodreads, where I keep track of the many many books I want to read.  I chose 25 for the year, and before this month I was at 5. So I have a bit of reading to do! Here's what I read this month:

Living Clutterfree With Kids in the House by Mike Burns and Jen Burns.

I got this ebook for free through a promotion in March, and finally read it last week. I needed a book to get me in the mood to do some more getting rid of stuff in the kids' room, and I figured this might be a good place to start.

I read about half of it, went and got rid of some of the boys' toys (with their help, of course!), and found a home for the Legos in the bedroom - they have been hanging out in the living room since we moved.  And then I read the rest of the book while the boys watched a movie. 

It was definitely one that focuses on the mindset, the why behind the decluttering, which is always a good reminder for me, and really inspires me to get moving on getting rid of stuff. 

"We all have limited capacity. There are only so many options to consider. Every decision means unchosen options. Every choice to do one thing, is a choice not to do something else."

I also made a little bit of progress on Sugar, Salt, Fat by Michael Moss, and I'm about halfway through Zero Waste Home by Bea Johnson. Look for those on the book review list next month, along with (hopefully) a few more! I have a 3-month free trial to Scribd, which is kind of like Netflix for books. The selection is okay - I found about 17 books from my Goodreads "To Read" list on there, which I figure is plenty for 3 months. If I actually get through all of those I'll be super impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment